Lots of news to share about my novel, which will be published by Harper Collins on June 14th, so here is a brief roundup:
– The Bridport Literary Festival have invited me to present in November.
– The Telegraph and Mail on Sunday are both publishing features on the book, with other major publications nibbling.
– BBC Radio Oxford are having me into the studio for a interview on Monday 18th June
– I have signed up for several local readings in my home area, notably Monmouth, Chepstow and Abergavenny.
– Femalefirst, a women’s lifestyle website, with a million readers, will be running a piece in June.
– United Talent Agency are busy trying to sell film rights in Hollywood.
– My publicist at Harper Collins is beavering away to get more exposure ( btw he is a genius)
Love Letters In A Chocolate Box
The Very White of Love is based on a true story. It was inspired by the author’s discovery of a chocolate box full of love letters between his mother, Nancy, and her fiancé, Martin Preston, the nephew of the poet Robert Graves. Simon Worrall has pieced together the fictional narrative using these genuine letters to write a heartbreaking and timeless love story. After a whirlwind romance, Martin is sent to the battlefields of France in 1939, telling Nancy their love will keep them safe. Then one day, his letters stop. Nancy will do anything to find him, but will she unravel the mystery of his disappearance in time?